Talk to an Expert, Call: +91 70220 90909     

Study in UK

Featured Countries

Home >> Study Abroad >> Study in UK

Study in UK

Education System:

First Degree Courses in Arts and Sciences

(Bachelor’s degree) is normally for a period of three or four years.

Sandwich Courses is when the coursework is accompanied by practical work. A student could either complete 2 years of college, then a year of commercial training before returning for a final year in college or they could do a 4-year course with 3-6 months training interspersed each year. The main advantage is that the student gets real experience while in the learning mode. Most universities offer this type of education.

Higher National Diploma (HND) ) is awarded by Vocational and Technical Educational Councils. They offer a 2-year course in a vocational subject like scientific and technical business subjects. Great emphasis is placed on work experience. It is often seen as the first step towards a degree course as the credits can be transferred.

Vocational Courses

offer an opportunity to enter the university system slowly. Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC), General Vocational Qualifications (GNVQ), General Scottish Vocational Qualifications (GSVQ) offer recognized courses in a range of disciplines. Most students opt to take 1-2 years of, for example, BTEC courses before being transferred to a degree programme.


can include independent piece of research under supervision or a taught course, and leads to a variety of degrees and awards. The taught courses normally last for one or sometimes two years. Completion of a doctorate normally takes a minimum of three years. They attend courses or undertake research, possibly for a period of one or two years.

Admission Procedure:

  • Most colleges have an online application process but some are still paper based and made available through websites, education consultants or simply requesting the college to email one.
  • Ensure you have your marks cards from your final years of school.
  • Take English proficiency exams, write your statement of purpose essay, provide financial details and get letter of recommendation.
  • Submit your application well before the due date.


We suggest you do a detailed study on the available options. There are enough of resources available online to help you identify the scholarship options available to you. Our team of counsellors will give you inputs thereafter about deadlines, scholarship applications, other financial aid, bursaries etc. We would then help you present a strong and competitive application for scholarship, be it the Institution, govt agency or any private scholarship agency.


Undergraduate Degree: University fees for international students vary in the same way that ESL program fees vary. It is dependent on the course, the location of the university, etc. As a guideline you can expect to pay between £6,000 and £9,000/ year for courses. If your course is specialized, such as a clinical program for doctors, this can be as much as £18,000 per year.

Post-Graduate Degree: As a post-graduate student, the course length will generally be shorter, and class sizes will be much smaller. For this reason, fees will be higher ranging up to £10,000 for a course. If you are taking an MBA program and the cost could be in the region of £10,000 to £16,000 or more per year.

Post Education Opportunities

Unless you are from an EU country, when you complete your studies in the UK you will need to apply for a work visa if you would like to stay on. There are a number of different types of work visas that generally fall into two categories: Tier 1 and Tier 2. Which visa you will need depends on whether or not you have already been offered a job, or whether you meet specific skill or investment requirements. Some of the available options for the non-EU students are:

  • Tier 1: Exceptional Talent
  • Graduate Entrepreneur
  • Entrepreneur

Find out what it takes to be eligible for a study permit Abroad. Fill out our free assessment form