Talk to an Expert, Call: +91 70220 90909     

Study in Australia

Featured Countries

Home >> Study Abroad >> Study in Australia

Study in Australia

Education System

The higher education system or tertiary education system in Australia has both government and private institutions in it. Higher education programs include all of the schools that cover Levels I through 10 according to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).

Vocational and Technical Schools

There are hundreds of other schools out there that provide Technical and Further Education (TAFE) and Vocational Education and Training (VET). These schools offer short courses, certificates I through IV, diplomas, and advanced diplomas. They focus on training their students in a particular vocation or just to help their students get out into the workplace. These include, but are not limited to:

  • Commercial training providers, usually run by a company or of their own accord.
  • The training department of manufacturing or service enterprises, which provide services to the employees that they already have or employees that have just been hired.
  • The training function of employer or employee organizations in a particular industry, which provide services to the employees that they already have or employees that have just been hired.
  • Group Training Companies.
  • Secondary colleges providing VET programs.
Universities and Higher Education

Most Australian universities are self-accrediting institutions that each run under legislation (usually at the state or territory level). Most of the syllabus are set by the universities that are offering the courses and are not controlled by any external entity. Even though the higher education system is more unified than that of other countries, each university is still able to set their own coursework and program requirements. As with most countries, the teacher education program is the exception to this rule. The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership oversees any and all requirements related to becoming an educator in any age group.

Admission Procedure

  • Complete International Admissions Assessment to assess academic skills and English language skills.
  • Student must have confirmation of enrolment and must get health insurance OSHC.
  • Student must fill out university application forms and then submit application well before the due date.


Australia offers a lot of money to international students – upwards of $500 million AUD per year. There are literally hundreds of scholarships, grants, and bursaries that you can apply for that will help you with your studies in Australia.

There are a variety of sources that you can obtain your scholarships from as well. The Australian government offers money that international students receive for their studies. But there are also educational institutions (including the ones you may be considering for study) and public and private organizations that will give money to international students for their educations

Education Program Average Tuition Cost (AUD)**
School AUD 7800- 30000 per year
Undergraduate bachelor degree AUD 15000-33000 per year
Post Graduate Masters degree AUD 20000-37000 per year
Doctoral Degree AUD 14000- 37000 per year
MBA AUD 19000 upwards*

Post Education Opportunities

485 Skilled Graduate Temporary Visa

This visa is the most common option available to international students after graduating. With a 485 visa, you are allowed to stay in Australia for 18 months to gain work experience only if you have just completed at least two years of study in Australia.

402 Training and Research Visa

is for students to improve their work skills for up to two years while being sponsored by an employer.

487 Regional Sponsored Visa

provides a pathway for permanent residency while allowing you to work for 3 years and work in a specialized regional area

887 Skilled Regional Residence Visa

awards you permanent residency and with this you can live and work in Australia permanently. You must have already lived in Australia for two years, have a year of work experience and have sufficient points.

885 Skilled Independent Residence Visa

allows you to live as a permanent resident and work without needing to be sponsored

886 Skilled Sponsor Resident Visa

allows an overseas student to apply for permanent residency and work while being sponsored by an employer.

Find out what it takes to be eligible for a study permit Abroad. Fill out our free assessment form